It's only human to worry about problems in our lives--but for some, obsessing for weeks and months, or avoiding social situations due to feelings of panic, can become regular habits. If any of these describe you or a loved one, it could be "almost anxiety."
Those of us who are "almost anxious" may never address the issue because we don't fully meet the diagnostic criteria for an anxiety disorder. In Almost Anxious, Luana Marques, PhD describes the spectrum of these symptoms, from normal situational anxiety on one end to a full-blown diagnosable anxiety disorder on the other. Drawing on case studies and the latest research, she gives you the tools to-
- assess whether your or a loved one's worry is a problem
- gain insight on how to intervene with a loved one
- discover proven strategies to change unhealthy feelings of distress
- gauge the physical, psychological, and social impact of your anxiety symptoms
- determine when and how to get professional help if needed